Friday, July 2, 2010

EDCI 5825 - Video Editing Project


If I were to start this project all over again, I think that I would go with a different approach. We filmed the clips that we did with more of the idea of a movie but given the topic and the editing available, I think that more of small clip acting followed by slides or voice overs would have been more effective. A clip of one or two people talking closer up than trying to film 4 people would be clearer to see and hear. My family did not have any suggestions, they were fairly impressed since they did not think that I knew how to do anything like this.

I am amazed at how many editing techniques are available in iMovie. It is very intimidating at first but once you start using it and realize how easy it is to experiment and try the different options it is fun. The recording and loading of the videos clips is very easy too. Reading the instructions for this project I was thinking that I could not imagine being able to do what was required but all it takes is time to get used to the way iMovie works.

I don't know if there will be time to do a movie project in the high school classroom. I would like to be able to but I think that it would probably have to be more of a class project since I don't think that everyone would have video equipment and I don't know if the software would be readily available. So if I could get past any equipment constraints, a video project would be something that I would like to be able to do with the class. I think that I do have enough skill to assign a video project.

From this project I learned both about the topic of cyber-bullying and the mechanics of editing the video clips. I have a much better idea of how videos can enhance the classroom learning and that it is not as hard as I had thought to make a decent video.




No comments:

Post a Comment